Wednesday 6 January 2021

50 Gone With the Wind Quotes Sure to Have You Swooning

These Gone With the Wind quotes will inspire you to grab a copy of the book, or at least watch the movie!

1. “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.” ― Rhett Butler

2. “I’m very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening’s over.”― Rhett Butler

3. “You’d rather live with that silly little fool who can’t open her mouth except to say “yes” or “no” and raise a passel of mealy-mouthed brats just like her.” ― Scarlett O’Hara

4. “Tara! Home. I’ll go home. And I’ll think of some way to get him back.” ― Scarlett O’Hara

5. “As God is my witness they’re are not going to lick me. I’m going to live through this and when its all over, I’ll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat, or kill, as God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again.” ― Scarlett O’Hara

6. “I can’t go all my life waiting to catch you between husbands.” ― Rhett Butler

7. “No, I don’t think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That’s what’s wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” ― Rhett Butler

8. “Well, my dear, take heart. Some day, I will kiss you and you will like it. But not now, so I beg you not to be too impatient.” ― Rhett Butler

9. “An apt observation,” he answered airily, “And, you, Miss, are no lady.” ― Rhett Butler

10. “Dear Scarlett! You aren’t helpless. Anyone as selfish and determined as you are is never helpless. God help the Yankees if they should get you.” ― Rhett Butler

11. “You’re so brutal to those who love you, Scarlett. You take their love and hold it over their heads like a whip.” ― Rhett Butler

12. “Never pass up new experiences Scarlett, they enrich the mind.” ― Rhett Butler

13. “No, my dear, I’m not in love with you, no more than you are with me, and if I were, you would be the last person I’d ever tell. God help the man who ever really loves you. You’d break his heart, my darling, cruel, destructive little cat who is so careless and confident she doesn’t even trouble to sheathe her claws.” ― Rhett Butler

14. “I’ve loved you more than I’ve ever loved any woman and I’ve waited for you longer than I’ve waited for any woman.” ― Rhett Butler

15. “A cat’s a better mother than you.” ― Rhett Butler

17. “You’re like the thief who isn’t the least bit sorry he stole but is terribly terribly sorry he’s going to jail.” ― Rhett Butler

18. “You’re throwing away happiness with both hands and reaching out for something that will never make you happy.” ― Rhett Butler

19. “I wonder if anyone but me realizes what goes on in that head back of your deceptively sweet face.” ― Rhett Butler

20. “I want to make you faint. I will make you faint. You’ve had this coming to you for years. None of the fools you’ve known have kissed you like this – have they? Your precious Charles or Frank or your stupid Ashley… I said your stupid Ashley. Gentlemen all – what do they know about women? What do they know about you? I know you.” ― Rhett Butler

For plenty more love and romance, check out www.onzenn.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment